Volunteer programs in South America
America is the world’s second largest continent. It has a population of nearly 964 million inhabitants. The continent is divided into three parts: North America, Central America, and South America. Cooperating Volunteers operates in 5 countries in Central America and South America.
If you’re interested in participating in a volunteer program in Latin America, look no further than Cooperating Volunteers.
Below, you will find the various volunteering programs organized by Cooperating Volunteers on this continent:
Volunteer programs in Argentina
Argentina is one of the most vibrant and well-known countries in South America, owing to its people and incredible landscapes. Our volunteer programs in Argentina are:
- Childcare volunteer program: You’ll be tasked with looking after children aged between 0 and 6 years old, or between 6 and 12 years old.
- Teaching volunteer program: You’ll have the chance to work in a school, providing the children with academic support.
- English teaching: You’ll help teach English to primary, secondary and college students in the province of Buenos Aires.
- Medical volunteer program: This volunteer program is designed for medical students who are looking to provide medical support to elderly patients.
- Workshops: You’ll be able to run different workshops in the centres in which we operate, where you can teach one of your skills.
- Sports volunteer program: This program has been developed for sports lovers who want to teach and coach different sports for children in underprivileged communities in Argentina.
- Construction volunteer program: You’ll help the community by helping to repair their houses, schools, churches, etc.
Volunteer programs in Brazil
Brazil is one of the most joyous and fast-growing countries in South America. Our volunteer programs in Brazil are:
- Youth Teaching Program: You will provide support to young people through English, artistic, and cultural activities.
- Community Program: You will support the children at the center to help them change their lives and build an equal future for all.
- Animal Rescue Center Program: You will be responsible for rescuing, rehabilitating, and reintegrating wild animals into their habitat.
- Wildlife Conservation: You will work at the Wildlife Conservation Center, helping prepare meals for the animals, taking care of their cleaning, among other tasks.
- Childcare Program: You will support children who are under state custody due to domestic violence situations in their homes.
- English Teaching Program: English classes will be taught to local children.
Volunteer programs in Colombia
Work on a volunteer program in Colombia; a wonderful country that will astonish you by its impressive landscapes and the joy of its people.
- Teaching Volunteer Program: You will assist local teachers in conducting classes for children and youth, contributing your experience and knowledge.
- Teaching and Recreational Activities Program: You will provide support to the teaching staff in local primary or secondary schools in suburban neighborhoods.
- Environmental Protection and Sustainable Community Development Program: You will collaborate in the protection of the ecosystem.
- Daycare Program: These are government centers that offer daycare services to families who cannot afford them.
Volunteer program in Costa Rica
There are various available volunteering programs in Costa Rica:
- English teaching volunteer program: Assist teachers in various schools with the teaching of English, both to adults and children.
- Childcare volunteer program: The program takes place in local nurseries. The goal is for children to have fun while learning English and interacting with the volunteers.
- Sports volunteer program: Work in Physical Education (PE) in elementary schools in San Ramón.
- Construction volunteer program: The volunteers will collaborate in the construction of houses in rural areas.
- Special needs support volunteer program: volunteers will work in two centres for disabled people. One of these is for children, the other for adults.
- Turtles volunteer program: you will protect and care for nesting turtles.
- Wild animal rescue volunteer program: participants are integrated into the animal care routines of the projects that are carried out in the sanctuary.
- Women’s Empowerment volunteer program
Volunteer programs in Chile
There are various available volunteer programs in Chile
- Teaching Volunteer Program: You will provide support to young people through English, artistic, and cultural activities.
- Construction Volunteer Program: Volunteers will assist the community in Coihueco with the renovation and construction of their houses, schools, churches, medical centers, or community centers.
- Agriculture Volunteer Program: tasks may include planting and watering crops, cleaning the farm, and harvesting fruits and vegetables as needed at the time.
Volunteer program in Ecuador
These are the available volunteer programs in Ecuador:
- Childcare volunteer program: the fisherman villages have community nurseries that are lacking in basic services. The assistance of the volunteer will help the day-to-day running of these centres.
- Teaching volunteer programs: volunteers will collaborate in the education of underprivileged children in various centers.
- Special needs support volunteer program: This volunteer program consists of assisting caregivers of individuals with physical and mental disabilities, helping to provide personalized care to these individuals.
- Agriculture and community tourism volunteer program: The volunteer’s work is focused on enhancing the development of sustainable agriculture.
- Animal rescue and rehabilitation volunteer program: volunteers will contribute to the conservation of one part of the Amazon Jungle.
Volunteer programs in Guatemala
These are the available volunteer programs in Guatemala:
- Teaching and academic support volunteer program: In Guatemala, the level of teaching is relatively low. All of the children who have access to basic education need academic support classes in reading and writing, mathematics and other subjects.
Volunteer programs in the Galapagos Islands
These are the available volunteer programs in the Galapagos Islands:
- Conservation volunteer program: volunteers will be expected to help highlight the importance of environmental education and the production of organic foods, as well as other eco-friendly activities.
- English teaching volunteer programe: Volunteers will assist teachers in giving English classes to children.
Volunteer programs in Mexico
This fantastic country offers many interesting activities. The available volunteer programs in Mexico are:
- Teaching volunteer program
- Disability support volunteer program
- Permaculture and agroecology volunteer program
- Environmental conservation volunteer program
- Sea turtles volunteer program
Volunteer programs in Peru
Cooperating Volunteers run a teaching volunteer program in Peru. This project is aimed at educating children who don’t go to school and those with certain difficulties. It also gives classes for adults. For more information, visit our volunteer programs in Peru website.
- Teaching volunteer program—Our educational programme is extensive. We collaborate with various schools throughout Cuzco and Huanchaco, teaching English and other subjects.
- Medical volunteer program—Our medical volunteer program is focused on supporting different local clinics.
- Support for Women in Meal Centers voluteer program —This program seeks to empower the women of the Huanchaco community by boosting their self-esteem and devising tools that allow them to work and earn a wage.
- Animal rescue and rehabilitation volunteer program
- Montessori-type Teaching volunteer program
- Assistance volunteer program for Children with Different Abilities
Volunteer programs in Panama
Panama is one of those countries that are guaranteed to blow you away, owing to its vast cultural and natural diversity. The available volunteer programs in Panama are:
- Teaching and academic support volunteer program
- Teaching and family development volunteer program
- Children from indigenous communities teaching volunteer program
- Women empowerment volunteer program
- Sports volunteer program
- Construction volunteer program
- Social media volunteer program
- Animal and natural resources conservation volunteer program
- Turtle work volunteer program
- Children with special needs volunteer program
Volunteer programs in Nicaragua
Cooperating Volunteers run several interesting projects in Nicaragua. Our available volunteer programs in Nicaragua are:
- Basic teaching volunteer program: You’ll assist the children and help to teach them various subjects.
- Women development volunteering project: You’ll aid the psychological and economic development of women in the community.