The volunteer programs are vital for the management of the animals, the participants are integrated into a routine that is organised on a daily basis for the execution of the different projects. We have an area for food preparation, a dining room, bathrooms and toilets.
It is a program that requires volunteers of legal age for the conservation and improvement of the centre, therefore collaborating hand in hand with the local staff for all initiatives and improvements that are proposed in the project.
In this centre in Alajuela, you will find another great option for an Animal Volunteer Program!
The project is carried out from Monday to Friday from 7:00 am to 17:30 pm, the volunteers have a break between shifts. Work is carried out every day with a reduced intensity at the weekend. You can also decide on the days you would like to take off from the project with prior permission.
In this program you will live in a volunteer house with 4 bunk beds and meals are included (vegetarian menu is possible).
Within the project you will also be recommended many tourist sites in Costa Rica.
It is important to remember that excursions are not part of the cost of volunteering and the volunteer can at all times choose with whom and where to go.
- Daily feeding of animals
- Cleaning of trails
- Green Area Cleanup
- Environmental Enrichment Projects
- Tree Planting
- Enclosure Cleaning
- Crop Production and Composting
- Construction of Natural Structures for the animals
- Assisting the animals with the veterinarian requires prior training, this will depend on the profile of the volunteer and the indications of the local staff.
- Collaboration as Guides in the program of Ecotourism requires prior training.
- Maintenance of the Sanctuary
- Minimum stay of 2 weeks
- Good physical condition
- Experience with animals
- 3 meals a day are included
- The volunteer will work from Monday to Sunder, the indicated schedules are approximate and can have a free day.