The aim of this volunteering program is to empower all beneficiaries by helping them discover their role in society and understand the significance of education. The support and encouragement provided by volunteers can be transformative for many children, ultimately contributing to the creation of a future where equal opportunities are accessible to all.
The program is designed for children and adolescents aged between 6 and 12 years old.
Volunteers will be required to perform various tasks, and these assignments are subject to change. In general, volunteers will be tasked with:
- Organizing recreational activities such as games, handicraft activities, and art and painting workshops.
- Assisting the teachers in conducting various workshops.
- Assisting with gardening and painting tasks, as needed.
- Volunteers who stay for 4 weeks or more are encouraged to propose their own workshops and activities in accordance to their skills.
What to bring?
- Comfortable trousers
- Waterproof clothes
- Comfortable sandals or sneakers for the summer
- Comfortable boots or sneakers for the winter
- Long sleeve shirts and extra layers for cold weather, regardless of the season
- Bath towel and personal hygiene items
IMPORTANT: Volunteers will not be under strict supervision during their participation in the program. It is expected that volunteers will take the initiative and suggest their own activities to engage with the children. Please be aware that the Brazilian lifestyle and atmosphere may differ significantly from that of your home country.
PLEASE NOTE: Volunteers are welcome to bring their own materials, including pre-planned activities, games, paint, English-language books, educational toys, and any type of drawing or painting books, etc.