The project is located on the beautiful Atlantic coast of Bilbao.
Before starting your voluntary work project, you will receive orientation from our local staff.
Being a volunteer at animal shelters means providing love and care to animals that have been abandoned or mistreated by their owners and are seeking a new home.
It is a project for those who feel passionate about animals and want to dedicate time to volunteering at an animal shelter. The predominant languages spoken during the program are English and Spanish.
Volunteers working at animal shelters will have various tasks, including:
- Cleaning shelters
- Feeding the animals
- Taking care of stray dogs and cats
- Walking dogs
- Administering medications
- Assisting with sterilization procedures
- Helping in the rehabilitation of traumatized animals
- Assisting in rescue operations
- Aiding in controlling the overpopulation of stray animals during their time at a dog and cat rescue center
- Distributing food to animals on the streets
There are morning and afternoon schedules, allowing volunteers to enjoy their afternoons at the beach. During their free time, they can engage in activities such as hiking, climbing, trekking, horseback riding, relaxing on the beach, etc. Bilbao offers excellent places for surfing, and water sports activities are closely related to the project.